We are collaborating with Shift Power for Peace to offer a set of free introductory online courses to help you adapt your work to digital spaces.
The courses will help you to understand and explore topics such as:
- Technology in peacebuilding: How technology can be used in peacebuilding, conflict prevention and conflict transformation.
- Data for peace: How to collect and analyse data to assess conflict dynamics.
- Online conversations: How to run online consultations through messaging and conferencing apps, e-learning platforms and other digital spaces.
- Designing technologies: How to design programs that use technology in a conflict sensitive way
- Communications for peace: How to use text messages, social media and other communications to promote peace.
- Remote capacity-building: How to use tech tools to deliver training and mentoring remotely.
- Online conflict: How to identify and address conflicts that emerge online, such as hate speech, identity-based polarisation and rumours.
You will be able to engage with the courses in your own time by exploring animations, video lectures and webinars, and filling out worksheets to test your knowledge at a time that suits you.
Courses will initially only be available in English but will be translated to Spanish, French and Arabic soon. They will be made available both in an online format and over WhatsApp. You will be able to access the courses through a link on this website, through Build Up’s website, and through the Online Platform.
We hope you enjoy and learn a lot from the courses!
P.S. Don’t forget to visit our partners in this project, Shift Power for Peace. Check out their online platform to join conversations as part of a digital community of peacebuilders and check out their digital fund if you need support in purchasing digital tools.